We no longer just create events. We create experiences. Follow along with the questions below and develop your event using your past experiences and your personal preferences. Visualization is really powerful when creating your event experience.
Think about all of the events you have ever attended.
- What memories or experiences stand out to you in this moment?
- Are they good?
- Are they bad?
- Why did you like it?
- Why did you dislike it?
- Did that experience turn you off from attending that particular event in the future?
- Would you go back to that event?
Let’s take it one step further. Think about the event that you want to create.
- If you were attending your own event, what kind of experience do you want to have?
- What does the event sales page add or take away from the experience?
- How does your pre-event communication enhance the experience?
- What are you feeling when you arrive in the host city or country?
- What kind of feelings and emotions are you feeling as you arrive at your hotel for check in?
- Was your hotel check in smooth and seamless?
- Do you feel welcome?
Next, let’s walk through the event registration.
- How do you feel?
- Calm, cool, collected, nervous, excited, frustrated, angry, tired, ready to go home?
Now I want you to move yourself through the event.
- What excites you?
- What type of personality or energy are you and what do you need?
- Do you need space to decompress or are you ready to party all day, every day?
- Is the food amazing? Are you never leaving the buffet line? Or are you out looking for the nearest sushi restaurant?
- Are you wow’d by the decor?
- Does it impress you or are you completely blind to it?
- How is the speaker line up?
- Are you on the edge of your seat or are you trying to hide that yawn to not be rude?
- Is the music too loud or not loud enough?
- Are you enjoying the connections you are making?
- Are there even opportunities to make connections?
- What is keeping you at the event? Or are you ready to bail after the first day?
- What’s the best thing you are feeling?
- What makes you grumpy thinking about your event?
Ok, now that you’ve experienced your own event make note of the good that you experienced and the bad that you want to avoid.
Get Lany’s 7 Tips to Create an Amazing Experience at eventsbylany.com/rootedtips