In this episode Lany shares the first 2 foundational pillars to creating successful events. There are 5 foundational pillars and Lany will cover them all over the next few episodes.
In events there are 5 different areas that will help you build a solid foundation for your event.
- Defining Your Purpose & Goals
- Identifying Your Target Audience
- Creating an Amazing Experience
- Budget Planning & Management
- Setting an Event Timeline
As you go through this episode and begin creating your event, ask yourself these questions that we cover.
Here are some questions to ask yourself.
- Why are you holding this event?
- What is the end result you want to achieve?
- Are you doing an event to make money?
- What is your ROI?
- What is the perceived value? For you? For your attendees?
- To grow your audience?
- To increase brand awareness?
- For a product launch?
- To make money (yes, I repeated this on purpose)?
- To create a unique experience for your followers?
- To help your audience learn something new?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- Do you want to gain media coverage?
- Do you want to increase visibility?
- Do you want to contribute to your community?
- Do you want to celebrate a milestone or success?
- Do you want to build more connections/grow your tribe?
- Do you have attendance goals? How many butts in seats do you want?
Download your free Purpose and Goals cheat sheet & access your Buyer Persona Templates at eventsbylany.com/rootedtips